What Is a Gigi’s Cupcakes Franchise?
High demand for gourmet cupcakes drives rapid franchise expansion
Gigi’s Cupcakes is one of the largest and fastest-growing gourmet bakery and cupcake franchises in the United States. We offer popular desserts and delicious, beautiful, award-winning gourmet cupcakes baked fresh daily in our stores.
In 2008, our founder, Gina Gigi Butler, opened her first bakery in Nashville, Tennessee. Since then, Gigi and Gigi’s Cupcakes have enjoyed significant national recognition, with features in Franchise Times, Fox Business, CMT’s Reel Eats, Business Insider, Enterprising Women, MSNBC, Undercover Boss, Fox and Friends and Entrepreneur.
Today, there are nearly 100 Gigi’s Cupcakes franchises operating in 27 states, and we have plans for as many as 10 additional stores in the coming year.
Gigi’s is in the celebration business
We aren’t just in the bakery business. Gigi’s Cupcakes franchises are in the celebration business. Our one-of-a-kind cupcakes with our signature swirl bring happiness and joy to customers every day. Perfect for weddings, birthdays, graduations, Mother’s Day, office parties, baby showers and bachelorette parties — Gigi’s Cupcakes make any celebration more special. Additionally, Gigi’s Cupcakes produces beautifully decorated cakes using our signature recipes.
Especially for celebrations, Gigi’s customers want delicious, indulgent treats they can’t get anywhere else — and that they definitely can’t make at home. With our proprietary recipes for more than 300 flavors, we offer unique desserts to satisfy any customer. A Gigi’s gourmet cupcake is a work of art, and it is always a popular choice for an event.
Gigi’s cupcake franchise opportunities are an attractive investment
Gigi’s Cupcakes franchises have spread rapidly across 27 states, and that number continues to grow. Several factors combine to generate potential growth and success for franchise owners:
- Our cupcake franchises have lower costs than an average food business of similar size.
- Space build-out costs are usually lower because more expensive features (such as hoods and large grease traps) are not generally required.
- The store footprint is 1100 – 1400 sq. feet, which significantly saves on rent expenses.
- The business is easily scalable — it can be expanded into a satellite store, kiosk or food truck set-up, or delivery hub. Once you have a single bakery, you can add less-expensive satellite operations and wholesale accounts within your home market.
- Gigi’s cupcake franchises offer attractive unit-level economics with significant growth opportunities.
- Our management team has decades of restaurant experience combined, having served with major corporations.